Prom




Ooltewah High School Prom. April 24, 2010. Chattanooga Convention Center.

3/8/10 -
--The Date: Chris Metcalf.
--The Dress: I'm excited about prom this year! Mrs. Libby is once again making my dress and she always takes such care, I know it is going to be a beautiful dress. I've already picked out and purchased the pattern. We went fabric shopping this past weekend with no success. This week we will check out Hancock's IN STORE selection (because i do not want another fiasco like last year). If we can't find what we are looking for there, we'll venture to the fabric store in Sweetwater this weekend. The color is Royal Blue.
--The Hair: As of now, I'm thinking half up, half down. But I haven't decided whether I want curls.
--The Group: Well, there has been a bit of controvery over the group. Zachy wants us to go with his group (consists of: Zachy, Sarah, Emily, and Trevor), but Tyler wants Chris to go with his group (consists of: Tyler, Jordan, Cody, and Jennifer). Yea...I'm curious to know who's group Chris will pick.

3/9/10 -
--The Dress: Today, Mrs. Libby and I went on an adventure in search of material. After finding the material I liked at Hancock, we ventured to Wal Mart to find the overlay material to match (the sheer material over the satin). After no luck there, we went to Hobby Lobby where we found the satin material at a much lower price and overlay material. I'm a little worried that the overlay material wont fall right, but I'm hoping and praying for the best. Mrs. Libby is a very talented seamstress and I know she will do a wonderful job.

4/18/0 -
--The Dress: Mrs. Libby has been working lots and lots on it. It is looking gorgeous!! I love it! She is the best!! I don't know what I would do without her!!
--The Accesories: I have my jewelry and clutch and shoes. I'm pretty much set to go. I can't believe it is only one week away. I'm pretty nervous. I hope it goes well.
--The group: According to Zachy, we are going with him, but Chris hasn't actually told me that.

4/23/10 -
--The Dress: It will be done today. (Yes, the day before from is when my dress will be finished, but i love it!!) Mrs. Libby has done a fabulous job...again!
--The group: No idea what is going on. As far as I know, pictures at 5 in the art district, and dinner at 6.
--The weather: Stormy. Great!!
--Preparation: Already got my nails done Wednesday. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't do fake. No tanning beds (fake bakes), don't dye my hair, and now i have acrilic nails, which goes against that. Oh well. They are pretty and will hopefully get me though Prom, Class Night, and Graduation. I'm sooooo excited for the carwash in the morning!! But again...stormy. Which will not be so wonderful. Oh well. It ends at 2, so I'm at bit worried how well I will be able to get ready and be downtown in three hours.

4/24/10 -
Today is the day!!

4/25/10 -
It went really well. I had lots of fun. The dress was gorgeous. Handsome date. Great friends. There were a few setbacks in the planning (and a guy at the restraunt who still needs a good kick in the you know what for being a jerk to the poor man with one leg), but it all worked out. I guess that's the end of my senior prom. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment