Fear



Fear is such a powerful thing. It can control and manipulate so easily.

in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?
-Psalms 56:11


Autophobia--
I can honestly say, I have conquered my biggest fear. The fear of being alone. I used to be terrified of simply going to the store alone. Now, I enjoy time to myself. Don't get me wrong, there are many times I would like a friend or boyfriend or someone around, but for the majority of the time, I have become very independent. I am so proud of myself for this. It is a great accomplishment.

I want to crawl into my safe place
where I can't be hurt
where my heart won't break.
I want to run away
close myself off.
keeping my hands over my eyes
so I can't see you walking away.


Philophobia--
My new greatest fear. The fear of heartbreak. Heartbreak is such a sorrowful pain. It's the feeling of being abandoned or rejected by the one person you trust the most. The person you allow to hold your heart, which is most peoples most valued posession. Hearbreak is so much worse than even a loved one passing away. When a loved one passes away, they don't choose to leave, and they certainly never stop loving you. Where as, when you get your heart broken, it is a result of somone consciously deciding to leave you. How can you trust someone, anyone after that? The person you trust more than anyone hands you your most valued possion back to you in pieces. At some point, I believe we have to allow God to take control. Ask him to bring the right person into our life who will not hurt us. But if he does allow for our heart to be broken again, that there be a lesson, something learned, and that we come out on the other side as a better person.

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment