UT Orientation

Still hasn't hit me that I'm about to move 100 miles away in just 3 short months. Mum and I made the trek to Knoxville, stayed at the Holiday Inn-World's Fair. She was so excited that the World's Fair ball just right outside our window. We spent the evening with Christopher. He showed us around campus (my 2nd time that week, because I had visited him earlier that week, and I was still completely lost!). We watched Sex in the City, which I found pretty funny, because that is definitely not one of our Mother/Daughter kinda movies. It was an early morning, but went fairly smoothly. I got my "VolCard" (student ID), which is an absolutely awful picture. I look pretty demonic with my red eye. Then began the endless hours of lectures on financial aid, enrollment, classes, campus life, etc... Finally, we had our group advising, which was quite overwhelming. She wanted me to take Biology and Microbiology in the same semester. No thank you! I ended up with 16 hours. And a pretty do-able course load. We ended our trip with dinner in the UC with Chris. Then headed home. I slept most of the way, and left the radio on country music. Mum said it played non-stop songs about leaving home, and growing up. That's country music for ya. Overall, pretty successful orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment